Australia RCM certification of the handling process and precautions
From：Shenzhen STS test services Co., Ltd. Hits：591Createtime：2017-05-22
What is the RCM certification mark?
The RCM certification mark represents your product complies with all applicable regulatory requirements, including special requirements for safety and electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) or radio equipment. By using this logo, you do not need to use individual marks to mark your product for compliance with safety, EMC and radio equipment regulatory requirements.
Australia and New Zealand are introducing the RCM logo to achieve a uniform logo for electrical products, which are trademarks owned by Australian and New Zealand regulators, indicating that products comply with safety and EMC requirements and are non-mandatory.
RCM certification process
1. A third-party laboratory (eg, Depp is a test) to evaluate the product and determine the test criteria to be performed;
2. If the test does not meet the items, the laboratory will rectify the product to meet and meet the Australian standards;
3. Test pass, issued a test report;
4. Submit the test report to the Australian certification body for document review;
5. Australia to approve and issue RCM certificates;
6. The customer can complete the registration of the Australian website on its own or by the laboratory.
RCM certified product range
1. Safety (product safety certification):
Product safety certification consists of two parts: electrical products are classified into the control of the electrical (Prescribed Product) and non-regulated products (Non-prescribed product). The following are the same as the "
1). Control of electrical products according to AS / NZS4417.2 division, including electric equipment, refrigeration equipment, power tools, spare parts and so on. The following are the same as the "
2) Non - regulated electrical appliances may be sold without direct certification, but the manufacturer shall ensure that the electrical safety of the product complies with the Australian Standard AS / NZS3820: 1998 (Essential Safety Requirements for Low Voltage Electrical Equipment); The following are the same as the "
2, EMC (electromagnetic compatibility)
Australia's Electromagnetic Compatibility Compliance Program is based on the 1992 Radio Communications ACT 1992, which covers a wide range of products including motor-driven and heat-generating electrical products, power tools and similar products, lights and similar equipment, Television receivers and audio equipment, information technology products, industrial science and medical equipment, lighting engines and arc welding equipment. The program divides the product into three categories according to the degree of risk of electromagnetic interference, and the second and third products must be accompanied by a C-Tick mark. But regardless of which category the product belongs to, must comply with the relevant EMC standards. The following are the same as the "
A class of products: only a slight impact on the use of wireless spectrum devices, such as manual switches, simple relays, brushless squirrel cage induction motors, AC power supply / power transformers, resistors and so on. Such products in the production and sales can voluntarily apply for the use of C-Tick logo. The following are the same as the "
Class II products: products that have a greater impact on devices that use radio spectrum, such as microprocessors or clocked digital devices, rectifiers or slip ring motors, arc welding equipment, switched power supplies, photometric regulators and motors Speed controllers, information technology (CISPR 22) category (from the third category to the second category since November 7, 2003). The following are the same as the "
Three types of products: products that have a serious impact on the use of wireless spectrum devices, such as industrial, scientific and medical equipment, Group 2 (CISPR11). The following are the same as the " Precautions
1. Products on the need to add a unified RCM logo, pay attention to this requirement is April 19, 2013 Australia announcement;
2. In-line adapter to do RCM safety certification, to do a random test of the plug;
3. Lamp products: such as T8 LED lamp, fluorescent tube can be directly replaced by the user, the security risk is large, need to send samples to the Australian assessment;
4. Different license time will be different.